Monday, January 2, 2012

Explain Everything

I've been playing with the Explain Everything app over our winter break and like it!  It is one of several screencasting apps that provide a whiteboard  with recordable audio.  It also comes with the option of importing a picture.  Being a math teacher, I naturally imported a jpeg of graph paper from DropBox, and was pleased the function.  I probably won't load these on my student iPad's (as it costs $2.99 and there are several other free apps such as ScreenChomp, ShowMe, or Educreations that are great), but plan on using this app to create my own screencasts for some flipped lessons.  See my full review here
Some other features I like about Explain Everything:
*The ability to zoom in and out of your whiteboard
*The laser pointer--good to use while narrating
*Easy coordination with DropBox
*Easy posting to YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment